Tuesday 26 September 2017

Great Craic in Kerry




The other day me and my humans and our friend Nigel went on a wee holiday in the south-west of Ireland in County Kerry.  We stayed in a cottage in a place called Caherdaniel on the Ring of Kerry.  It was very close to the sea, so we went to the beach every day.  I loved that!  It was very windy for the first few days, but I didn't mind as long as I could run around on the beach.





This was on a beach a called Derrynane Beach which was very close to where we stayed.  There was also an island you could walk over to with the ruin of an old abbey and a wood we went for a walk in.








We went for a drive around the Iveragh Peninsula as well and saw a lot of lovely places such as another old abbey in Ballinskellig:




 Views of the Skellig Rocks out in the ocean:



The Kerry Cliffs:



And some cliffs on an island called Valentia (I expected it to be warmer and sunnier in Valentia...)




Back at the cottage the views changed every day, sometimes rainbows, sometimes lovely sunsets.




We visited 2 other peninsulas while we were too, but I'll tell you about that next time




No comments:

Post a Comment